The Cohousing Information Network
From: Rob Sandelin (robsanmicrosoft.com)
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 94 11:23 CDT
Stuart asked a timely question about information resources and so I
would like to share that with all of the net.

At the Conference, one of the "Burning Souls" break out groups was to
figure out a means to effectively share information from group to
group, across the whole cohousing network. For lack of a better word I
am calling it the Cohousing Information Network. The goal of this
project is to share the practical things we are learning about
cohousing so that it is easier for future generations to do. There are
several pieces of this.

1. The Cohousing Journal will remain a quarterly publication and might
see some changes in format, like having regular columns on important
topics.  Need to get everyone in the movement (yes folks, we are a
movement now-we have a bumper sticker ; ) to subscribe and even buy a
gift subscription to their local library.  This publication is
currently operating at a deficit and needs subscription help to thrive
and grow.  Send in your $25 please!!!!
2. The Cohousing Resource Guide will be an annual compilation of
resources from as many sources as can be had.  Lots and lots of help is
needed here and many of the tasks are very small, focused and would
make big contributions.  Information areas are being defined and
volunteers to research information areas are being canvassed. More on
this at end of message.
3. This mailing list continues to be a prime source of information and
information chunks will be compiled,organized and printed annually into
the Cohousing Resource Guide for those who do not have net access.
4.  A structured online resource would be very helpful. If it could be
set up so that it mirrored the table of contents of the CRG it would
provide an online resource where specific information could be accessed
easily and quickly.  The nature of this online resource is yet to be
determined. Need a burning soul or six, to own and organize this.

Rob Sandelin is the focalizer of this effort.  A task list and plan is
being developed which I will forward to helpers.  I would like a board
of online advisors to assist me with converting the online resources,
plus just to bang ideas around.  Obviously many other volunteers will
be needed.  To volunteer at any level, email me
Robsan [at] microsoft.com     call me at  206-788-1613 eves, write me at
22020 East Lost Lake Rd. Snohomish, WA  98290