Marketing and Sifting
From: Christina_Hilliard-LCH005 (Christina_Hilliard-LCH005email.mot.com)
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 94 13:01 CST
Hi all,
I'm a member of the Commonweal Cohousing Group, "soon" building in the
Metrowest region near Boston.  We are working very hard to expand our
group and to use our limited funds in the MOST effective way to do that.

I wanted to know about others' experiences:
 What's the best way you've found to reach potential members, and draw
  them in to their first meeting?  Paid newspaper ads? Word of mouth?
  Flyers around town? "Things to do" listings? Mailings?

 Has anyone tried mailings to "related" special-interest groups, such
  a folk music society, orienteering club, sewing club, that type of thing?

 What strategies are best for rting "prospective" members and visitors
  to associates... and on to full membership.  We're using a buddy
  system, and some other ideas.

We've found a good deal of interest locally, but are not convinced that we
are reaching our target audience. Our group is moving at an accelerated
pace, so we hope to get our full membership (approx. 31 households). fast.
THanks for any input.
Christina Hilliard