Re: Re:community design
From: Brent Stapleton (brentscomtch.iea.com)
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 94 22:49 CST
>I have yet to learn of any (contemporary) architectural project, whether it
>be cohousing, housing or anything else, that did not have financial
>constraints.

        I wonder if part of the problem of incorporating the eco features
and being off the grid from the beginning isn't due to conventional bank
financing.  If so, could this be solved by developing a cohousing bank.
This seems to be one of the strengths of the Mondragon cooperatives.  The
"role of professionals" might be built into fesibility studies which a
cohousing bank would need to ok financing.

from Brent Stapleton - - - - - "garbage accumulates"