Attracting KIDS!
From: Stuart Staniford-Chen (staniforcs.ucdavis.edu)
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 94 12:09 CST

Mark Ottenberg writes:

>         My wife and I are considering joining Commonweal coho, but have
> realized a serious problem with the current diversity of the group.
> Basically, we have very few members who are young families with kids.  My
> wife and I want to start having kids in a year or two, and want to move
> into a community with lots of other kids.

Three years ago when I moved into N St Cohousing, it had only 4 or 5 kids.  Now
it has 18 (I think).  Some of this increase is due to people in the community
having more children, and some of it is due to families with children moving in
from outside.  My impression is that the more real/successful the community
looks, the more it becomes attractive to families with children.

Stuart.

Stuart Staniford-Chen           |       Dept of Computer Science
stanifor [at] cs.ucdavis.edu            |       UC Davis, Davis, CA 95616
(916) 752-2149  - work          |               and
(916) 756-8697  - home          |       N St. Cohousing Community
Home page is http://everest.cs.ucdavis.edu/~stanifor/home.html