Feedback for Timeline Game
From: Mac Thomson (machappyvalley.com)
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 95 12:41 CST
TO:  Current and future cohousers.
FROM:  Mac Thomson; San Juan Cohousing; Durango, CO

I'm currently wouking with architect Bruce Coldham of PineStreet Cohousing to
revise his Timeline Game, which is a tool designed to help core groups plan,
understand, and organize their development processes.  I'd like some feedback
from all you experts out there on 2 subjects:

1)  I'm taking a straw poll on how many of your groups (completed or still in
the development process) have relied on Public (Subsidized) Financing to get
your project built.  I'd like to hear from folks that have AND have not used
Public Financing.  If you did use Public financing, I'd also much appreciate
knowing what steps you had to take along the way to secure it.

2)  The second topic of feedback I'd like help with deals with Membership
Thresholds during the development process.  We're defining Membership
Thresholds as target levels of group membership needed at various points
along the development process.  For example, a group may have a goal of 80%
(24 of 30) committed households before beginning construction.
What I'd like to know is, what Membership Thresholds did your group target --
both at what point in the process and the percent of total households?  And
would you suggest these or some other Membership Thresholds to new core
groups?

Thank you,
Mac

P.S.  Version 1A of the revised Timeline Game will be ready for distribution
within a month.  I'll post more info on that once we get closer to
completion.

Sent from HappyValley FirstClass BBS 904.246.9255