Re: Affordable CoHousing
From: vicky de monterey (dryadhalcyon.com)
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 95 21:54 CST
Thanks to John Gear for his last post re: affordability. It reminded me
of the very moment I first became aware of (and at once enthralled with!)
cohousing: in a magazine, I saw a photo of a Scandinavian apartment building
which had about 12 modest units in a light, airy design including lots of
south-facing windows. In the middle foreground was a small courtyard open to
all units, in which children played in a sandbox, flowers and veggies grew,
and adults stood chatting. The residents were not visibly affluent, were
shown in a scene I could easily fit into, and it was happening right now
somewhere in the world.  An AHA! experience for me.

The picture _sang_ the myriad benefits of intentional community. The qualities
illustrated appeared well within reach, and very desirable.

After hours of reading hundreds of posts, I had forgotten why I was here.
Thanks, John.