501c(7), 501c(10) anyone?
From: Stuart Staniford-Chen (staniforcs.ucdavis.edu)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 95 18:27 CST
We're in the early stages of exploring possible legal entities to use to
buy our common house with.  (We currently lease it from our founders, but
we have a long term goal of buying it from them).

In the general area of mutual-benefit non-profit corporations, has anyone
thought about being tax-exempt under either of the following?

501c(7) Social and Recreational Clubs - ie we are a non-profit social club
which owns our common house so that our membership can eat community dinner
there.

or

501c(10) Domestic Fraternal Societies.  (Bad image, I know).

Stuart.
Stuart Staniford-Chen           |       Dept of Computer Science
stanifor [at] cs.ucdavis.edu            |       UC Davis, Davis, CA 95616
(916) 752-2149  - work          |               and
(916) 756-8697  - home          |       N St. Cohousing Community
Home page is http://everest.cs.ucdavis.edu/~stanifor/home.html