Affordability programs
From: MartyR707 (MartyR707aol.com)
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 95 00:15 CST
Hello fellow cohousers,

On March 16 I sent the following message requesting further ideas on housing
assistance for existing homeowners - no one replied so thought I'd try again.
 Any ideas out there?  emails to me at MartyR707 [at] aol.com would be great or
the list.
Thanks!!

>I am new to this list and this is my first post.  I have been very
interested
in the discussion of affordability.  I am a member of the Jewell Hill
community in Sebastopol, CA.  We are fast approaching major decisions around
finances, legal entity, entitlement, etc.

My question to those who know about housing assistance programs:
Which programs (if any) apply to people who already own a home?  I own a home
which is very inexpensive in our community.  A house in our co-housing
community might be too expensive since it is in another city where housing
costs more.  Do you know of any programs which would apply to someone like
me?  If my income falls at or below the median of the new community, does
that help?  There are others in our group (and other groups) that would be
interested in this info I believe.
Thanks for any help
(Ms) Marty  Roberts, Santa Rosa, CA<