Affordability
From: BPaiss (BPaissaol.com)
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 95 11:16 CST
One issue which has not been address is long term affordability.  Here at
Nyland there was a fair amount of effort put into keeping the costs down.
 Our lowest priced homes were priced in the mid 80's.  However because we
didn't put any mechanism in place to keep them affordable, they increased in
price along with market, or outpacing the market in some instances.  I think
the lowest priced home is now in the range of 125K.  Good for resale value
but totally eliminating the possibility for low-income purchasers to now get
into Nyland.

Have any of the communities, other than Common Ground in Aspen, built in
mechanisms to create permanently affordable homes?

Bill