Boulder Co-housing Conf. /update/overall sched/ Regist. forms
From: Fred H Olson WB0YQM (fholsonmaroon.tc.umn.edu)
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 95 11:49:53 CST
COYOTE [at] FRONTIER.NET  tim.heuser [at] cdis.com wrote the message quoted
below
rather than forwarding it to the list I quoted it and answered it...
Fred Olson fholson [at] uci.com

>Hi All,
>I heard there was a co-housing conference comming up in Boulder Co.
>and I am interested in attending. Does anyone here know of
>information on this?
>
>tim.heuser [at] cdis.com
> * RM 1.3 02908 * How do I set my laser printer to "stun"?

      CONFERENCE ANNOUNCEMENT (from WWW site (date: early - pre April?)

[      Updates prefixed by square brackets from Summer Cohousing Magazine
[      also at the end of this message I have added (2&3 from COHOMAG:

[ 1)      Inclusive Tabular Schedule (compiled by Fred - UNOFFICIAL)
[ 2)      CONFERENCE REGISTRATION FORM
[ 3)      Housing Reservation FORM  Cohousing Conf Sept/Oct 1995

    Second North American Cohousing Conference Set for Fall

   Boulder, Colorado will once again be the site of the North American
   CoHousing Conference, scheduled for September 28 through October 1,
   1995. Based on feedback received at last year's conference, Rocky
   Mountain CoHousing Association has extended the length of the event by
   one day, built in a little more free time, and planned to include
   childcare.
[  Sunday afternoon Oct. 1 scheduled tours of nearby CoHousing
[  projects will be available.

      The conference will take place at the University of Colorado, Boulder
   campus, beginning Thursday evening, September 28, and closing Sunday
   afternoon, October 1. On September 27-28, RMCA will host the Third
   Annual "Meeting of Burning Souls" for those interested and/or involved
   with CoHousing as a movement. September 27 will be a "Colorado Play
   Day" (networking allowed) for those able to arrive early; September 28
   will be the actual meetings.
[  At Chatauqua Park complete with a catered barbecue, volleyball, frisbee
[  and easy access to some of the most spectacular hiking trails in the area.

   Individual registration for the conference is $120. RMCA member and
   Journal subscriber discounts as well as cost for the Burning Souls
   meeting will be announced at a later date. A limited number of partial
   work scholarships will also be available. The cost of childcare has
   been built into the overall conference fee and will be provided during
   all sessions (one-session of volunteer time will be needed from
   parents). Arrangements have been made with the University for housing
   near the conference site. Lodging will be available at the College Inn
   for $26.50 double occupancy/night. Some housing with local CoHousers
   will also be available.

   For those of you interested in making a presentation, a Call for
   Presentations will be mailed out by the end of April. Please send a
   postcard requesting a copy to RMCA, 1705 14th St. #160, Boulder, CO
   80302, or leave voice mail at (303)584-3237. Conference forms will be
   sent automatically in June to last year's attendees, RMCA members, and
   subscribers to CoHousing. If you are not in one of those categories
   but would like to attend, send a postcard to RMCA or call the number
   above. If you would like additional information or would like to help
   in the organization of this event please call Bill Paiss at
   303-499-8189.

[  A preliminary conference schedule was expected by July 30th -
[  maybe Bill Paiss (aka Zev these days) can post it to Cohousing-L ??
[  I do know 2 presentations will be:

[ 1)  Urban and Retrofit Cohousing
[ 2)  Internet: A Resource to Promote Cohousing

    Bill Paiss [2](bpaiss [at] aol.com) for Rocky Mountain CoHousing
    Association.

[ ***********************************************************************

       Inclusive Tabular Schedule (compiled by Fred - UNOFFICIAL)

10:30 AM - 4:00 PM Wed. Sept 27  Colorado Play Day
 7:00 PM           Wed. Sept 27  start RMCA Meeting of Burning Souls
 5:00 PM           Thur Sept 28   end       Meeting of Burning Souls
 7:00 PM           Thur Sept 28  start of actual Conference meetings.
 Afternoon         Sun  Oct   1   closing of Conference
 Afternoon         Sun  Oct   1  scheduled tours of nearby cohousing projects

[ ***********************************************************************
         CONFERENCE REGISTRATION FORM
   Cohousing Conference   Sept 28 - Oct 1, 1995

Name _______________________________________________________
Address ____________________________________________________
City _________________________________State______ Zip ______
Day Phone (   ) ______________ Eve Phone (   ) _____________
( ) Member of RMCA      EMAIL addr _________________________
( ) Send childcare info
( ) Enclosed is $35 to become RMCQ member   ( ) Renewal
                                               Member Non-Member
( ) Cohousing Play Day (Sept 27th - All Day)     $10    $10
( ) Burning Souls Meeting (Sept 28th - 8-5)      $30    $35
( ) Cohousing Conference                        $110   $120
( ) Check or money order in US FUNDS (on US BANK) enclosed for:
Make checks payable to University of Colorado
Please charge my credit card (check appropriate one)
( ) Visa  ( ) Mastercard ( )  Diner's Club  ( ) American Express
Card Number   _______________________________________  Exp. Date
Name on Card ________________________________________
Signature    ________________________________________

MAIL by Sept 1, 1995 to:
University of Colorado at Boulder,
Housing/ Finance, Hallet 70, Boulder, CO 80309-0154

For questions please call (303) 492-5151 or (303) 492-5959
DO NOT INCLUDE HOUSING PAYMENT WITH THIS FORM

[ ***********************************************************************
Housing Reservation FORM  Cohousing Conf Sept/Oct 1995

Name _______________________________________________________
Address ____________________________________________________
City _________________________________State______ Zip ______
Phone (   ) __________________________________

Please reserve the following accomodations at the
College Inn Conference Center
( ) Single Room  $52/night
( ) Double Room  $26.50/night/person
Arrival date _________________
Depature date ________________
Roomate name _________________

DO NOT make housing payment in advance.  Cash, check, VISA, American
Express and Mastercard will be accepted upon checkout.

Mail by Sept 1, 1995 to:
College Inn Conference Center
1729 Athens Street
Boulder, CO 80302
Or call (303) 444-2676
FAX (303) 444-1706

--
Fred H. Olson   fholson [at] uci.com   (612)588-9532  Amateur radio: WB0YQM
1221 Russell Av N, Minneapolis,MN 55411 Sysop of COHOUSING-L listserv;