Re: Cohousing Alternative -Reply
From: Shava Nerad (shavanetwork-services.uoregon.edu)
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 1995 16:13:27 -0700 (PDT)
> My impression is that one of the factors that distinguishes cohousing from
> other forms of intentional community is its inclusiveness.  I understand
> that if someone in a cohousing place moves out, the others have no say as
> to who buys the house and moves in to replace them.  The only admissions
> group would be mortgage lenders, and they are not cohousing residents.
>
> Anyone out there who can tell me if my impression is accurate, otherwise,
> or does it vary for different existing groups?

My impression is that cohousing is based on a social/architectural/
economic idea, not whether the participating group was intentional or
not.  The covenants for resale are a legal thing that could be varied
(at the cost of $75-150/hr...;) community by community.

Shava Nerad
shava [at] ns.uoregon.edu