RE: Transportation sharing in cohousing
From: Rob Sandelin (Exchange) (RobsanExchange.MICROSOFT.com)
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 1995 17:32:45 -0500
Bob Morrison brought up
  This raises another issue that transport-limited people face. Some =
people
have never lived in a big city and don't want to live in one, but end up
having to because it is the only way they can get access to the public
transport that they need in order to function. A public bus that only =
makes
2-3 round trips a day just isn't enough.=20

I have heard of car trusts, where people jointly share ownership of a =
car.  There is a pretty large and well organized one in Eugene OR.  This =
makes a lot of sense for cohousing.

A cohousing group can also pool group funds to buy a truck, a van, or =
any other form of transport deemed needed.=20

I do not know of any cohousing groups actually doing this at this time.  =
Sharingwood pays a share in Fred, our neighborhood truck.=20

Rob