Flash Hot Water in NZ
From: Bruce Miller (bmillernzonline.ac.nz)
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 1995 03:06:18 -0600
Hi-
The flash hot water heater is very popular here in NZ. We moved
here from the US 10 years ago and were immediately aghast at the
extravagant manner electricity is used here for Hot Water and
Heating in general.
My personal experience at the gym where they're used is that they
work well from the consumers view, under the shower. From the
electrical customers view they are better where demand erratic
or infrequent. They can be cheaper than the cost of having your
big cylinder on all the time. Another reason to consider them is
to avoid a complicated plumbing situation or have limited space
for a cylinder or if the weight of a cylinder would be a problem.
If there's interest I can post some specs on models offered here.

I'm not aware of any special code requirements here. The standard
voltage is 220vac so the electrical regs are strict about sealing
and the like. I assume that they specifiy ground fault breakers
but I'd have to check to be sure.
Hope this helps a bit.........

Regards,
Bruce K. Miller      Tel/FAX: 06-751-0743