Re: Rituals
From: Joani Blank (jeblankhooked.net)
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 1995 01:31:08 -0600
I like what the poster from Southside Park said about just "seeing what
develops" after moving in. I'd say we are a pretty anti-ritual group here at
Doyle Street. The only thing that approaches ritual--more like a tradition
actually--is that we "always"--that means three years running--have our CoHo
Thanksgiving Dinner on the Sunday before T-giving, and our Holiday gift
exchange on New Year's Day evening. If anyone here does regular rituals of
any kind here, I sure don't know about it. Only three of us go to church
regularly, one Episcopalian, one Lutheran and one Unitarian/Universalist
(that's me, and I'm Jewish). In response to the original post, I don't think
I would enjoy living in a group that wanted to have shared spiritual
practices (even if it was a practice that I bought into. Not enough
diversity, a characteristic of cohousing that I cherish.

Joani