Re: Re: rituals
From: Elizabeth Stevenson (tamgoddesshome.com)
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 13:27:01 -0700 (MST)
We have some rituals, some more entrenched than others. This being a group
of people not, obviously, married to tradition, rituals tend to come and go
here, some in cycles.

But rituals and traditions come from within a culture. I don't really see
the value in listing everything we do, since it all has come from the people
and the situations that we have found ourselves in, and anyone else's
situation would be different.

Think of all the best holiday traditions that your family has: didn't most
of them stem from some happy accident or unique-to-you situation? We used to
have a howdy-doody head as the topper on our Christmas tree when I was
growing up. Who else would understand or want to emulate that?

I love to hear about how other groups do things, don't get me wrong. But
using someone else's rituals wouldn't have any meaning, taken out of
context.

--
Liz Stevenson
Southside Park Cohousing