The Commitment "Cusp"
From: John Major (jmajordayna.com)
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 23:11:43 -0500
So, you folks that have been through it, you know what I mean - the moment
when you start to panic, and start coming up with reasons for *not* doing it,
right? For one of our families, it was "the burden of a 30-yr mortgage", for
another it was the "yucky" design we were coming up with, for another,
whatever - it seems like most folks have a moment just *before* total
commitment where we vacilate like crazy, then finally relax and say, "so be
it". I think it would be constructive, if this is really a frequent pattern
for someone joining cohousing, to recognize it. This way we wouldn't worry
unnecessarily when a cherished member of a community-to-be suddenly appears to
be getting cold feet.  Whatya say, Elders - does this happen a lot?

John Major
Wasatch CoHousing
jmajor [at] dayna.com