re: screening
From: c . mcguire3 (c.mcguire3genie.com)
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 23:20:29 -0500
Hi!

I've been lurking here for a while. I'm an associate member at Cascadia
Cohousing in Portland, OR, and the group asked me to put a question online --
does anyone have info on screening procedures for members, or exclusion
clauses in the membership agreement? This came up, apparently, when a
prospective member was found to have a serious criminal history, and the
group is now debating how/if to screen members, and what's even legal. We
would appreciate any comments from those who've gotten through this part.

Thanks.

Cathy McGuire
 C.mcguire3 [at] genie.com