Re: COHOUSING-L digest 38
From: Jerry Callen (jcallenaptinc.com)
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 13:13:31 -0500
Tony Rocco wrote:

   Mr. Cowley, I earn $50K annually as a humble tech writer working for a
   small software company in downtown Oakland, CA. I do not exploit
   anyone for my bread and butter, to the best of my knowledge, unless
   you want to define the whole of the capitalist system as exploitive,
   which apparently you do. In this case, I am no worse than any other
   hard working soul trying to live and prosper.

Then what was the point of this whole charade? Do you WANT to be
driving a Mercedes, wearing expensive suits, and on and on, or what?
If so, then, yes, IMHO, your priorities are out of wack. If not, why
not? Is it because you know, in your heart of hearts, that there is
something wrong with a lifestyle that puts satisfying your every
personal whim above the needs of your neighbors?

   Have a nice day, Mr. Cowley.

I think Scott's response was excessive and rude.

BUT - you posted a deliberately provocative message to this list. You
have no reason to be surprised by vehement responses. In fact, you
seem to have been trolling for them.

This list constitutes a community, and it's generally been a pretty
civil place to be. If this is what you call "a more community-oriented
way of life", I feel sorry for your neighbors.

-- Jerry Callen
   jcallen [at] world.std.com

   "The best lack conviction, given some time to think,
    and the worst are full of passion without mercy."
        -- Joni Mitchell (borrowing from W.B. Yeats)