What is your Pet Policy?
From: Joe Nolan (jnolanAdobe.COM)
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 14:11:09 -0500
Hi all,
We're trying to create a pet policy here at Ecovillage Cohousing Cooperative
(first neighborhood of Ecovillage at Ithaca).
This as the first people are starting to move in!

I dug out an old pet thread from the coho-l archives, wherein I found
Sharingwood's policy (and related discussion).

I'd be interested to hear what (successful?) policies are in place at other
cohos. Our situation is somewhat complex, in that we are a small cluster of
homes on a big (187 acre) chunk of land, which will accommodate future
neighborhoods, agriculture, and a nature preserve.

The needs of people and farming seem to center on dog behavior, whereas the
needs of the wildlife are impacted mostly by the issue of outdoor cats.

I'll post our eventual policy, when and if we ever "consense" on one.

thanks in advance,
joe

Joe Nolan
Ecovillage Cohousing Cooperative