RE: common house furniture
From: Rob Sandelin (Floriferousmsn.com)
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 08:29:54 -0500
Well, obviously alot of what you can buy depends on your budget. Part of your
decision should be related to what you use the space for. If the only things
happening in that space are meals and other "table" sort of functions, then
portability for cleaning the floor is really all you need. If you use that
space for other functions like excersize or dance you may want more complete
portability to move tables completely out of the way. In this scenario folding
legs on tables might be nice.

 In general I have heard, but not experienced that narrower tables make for
more intimate settings. With a standard sized folding table you may be closer
to the person behind you than across from you.

We bought 40 stacking metal chairs with vinyl padded seats farily
inexpensively. The seats on about half a dozen have broken and we seem to have
no one interested or able to recover them, although one did get recovered with
fabric and is very nice. The metal parts seem to be holding up very well and
they do come apart easily for recovering, a nice feature. Stacking chairs are
very handy to transport and get out of the way to mop the floor, something we
do a couple times a week.