Shared purchase of homes
From: Joani Blank (jeblankic.org)
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 02:01:19 -0600
Mike,

Aren't there standard arrangements for buying property together; namely
tenants-in-common and joint tenants. Any lawyer or real estate person can
explain these two with the advantages and disadvantages of both. I suppose
if the property is owned as a cooperative that is a different matter, where
shares are involved. But I think only one cohousing community in N. America
is structured as a cooperative (though Berkeley came close), so I'm
assuming that San Juan CoHo is not structured that way.

Joani Blank
Doyle Street and Old Oakland CoHousing
One unit still unreserved at Swan's Market, Oakland,   (California that is.)