Seniors Matching?
From: Blaise Tobia (tobiabjdunx1.ocs.drexel.edu)
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 14:38:44 -0500
Greetings from Philadelphia, where--unfortunately--virtually nothing is
happening in terms of cohousing (I should know, I'm listed as the Delaware
Valley contact person!). But then again, there doesn't seem to be much
happening anywhere in the entire mid-Atlantic region (at least not between
Massachussetts/upstate New York and Maryland) for whatever reasons--your
speculations would be welcome.

I was recently contacted by a woman (who had just read about cohousing in
the New York Times) who wants to work out a new living arrangement for
her elderly mother. I suggested to her that she research the program that
matches young individuals, couples and families with elderly people in
shared-living arrangements, often in the elderly peoples' home (if it is
large enough). I know that at least one such program exists, but haven't
been able to find a reference to it. Can anyone on CoHo-L help?

-- Blaise Tobia
contact person for Delaware Valley CoHousing
tobiabj [at] post.drexel.edu