Sharing Circles
From: Sharon Villines (SharonVillinesprodigy.net)
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 23:19:34 -0500
>From experience with other kinds of groups and sharing, I would say to limit
the sharing to groups that feel like members even though they might not be
formal members. Sometimes a friend of a member of the group or someone with
lots of group experience can walk in and be "there" right away. But if the
people in the room are completely new, it can be alienating.

And sharing can be exhibitionism. And imposing. It can be like giving a gift
that establishes an obligation--you gave me the gift so I have to say thank
you. I may not want to.

Sharon Villines, Manhattan
Archives of Detective Fiction, http://www.fictionlibrary.org
Deadly Serious Press, http://www.deadlyserious.com