research project
From: Megan (mjjackfes.uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 10:44:24 -0500
Dear cohousing residents,

I am currently doing a research projects on the impacts of design in
cohousing communities on the lifestyles of resedents.  I would like your
help.  My name is Megan Jack and I am a third year Urban and Regional
Planning student at the University of Waterloo in Ontario, Canada.

My specific question is:  How does the design of cohousing communities
forge a sense of community?  I have read McCammant and Durant's book, and
therefore have a lot of information about cohousing in Denmark.  However, I
am looking for information on this topic in the United States and Canada.

The information I would like from you is:

1.  A brief description of the design of your community.
2.  How the design influences you to interact with neighbours.

Please mail responses to mjjack [at] fes.uwaterloo.ca.

Thank you.
Megan Jack
Proud to be Canadian