emergency vehicular access
From: Gale (wmgaleconcentric.net)
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 08:15:01 -0600 (MDT)
Hello,

We are designing a cohousing layout for a community outside
of Austin, Texas.  Your archives are vouminous, but I didn't
find what I wanted there.

We do not have any regulations to conform to formally since we
are legally a housing cooperative so we do not need to subdivide,
although we are keeping the planning board informed of what we
are doing. Also, the land has no restrictions.  So it's freedom, but no
guidelines...  We want a pedestrian site with parking at the edge.
But how have people dealt with emergency access by vehicles (fire
and ambulance in particular) and occasional access as exemplified
by a moving van?

Cordially,
Gale