Re: Students, Intern idea
From: Judy Baxter (BAXTERepivax.epi.umn.edu)
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 14:16:36 -0500
Hi Cohousers,
I'm back from vacation, so apologies if I missed this in the thread.

Rob wrote:
<One idea that has a great deal of possibility for cohousing and young adults
is internships. Many groups have unattainable projects, which suffer for
lack of participation. An intern can really add a huge spark of energy. We
hosted an intern at Sharingwood over the summer and it was a very positive
experience.>

Could you explain a bit more of how you found an intern, requirements, etc?
Qualifications, if any. Do you have to be a non- profit?  (we are, at least one
of our  entities is, but not 501c3.)  Sounds interesting.  And we have a
possible space.

JUdy

-- e-mail:      baxter [at] epivax.epi.umn.edu
        (usually checked on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday)
15 homes - 7 new townhomes plus
        8 coop apartments               in a rehab Georgian building
(built as a retirement home in 1924 -) which also serves as our Common House