Re: Neighborhood "Fill-In" Cohousing
From: Fred H. Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 08:40:58 -0600
On Sat, 6 Mar 1999, Susan LaBarre wrote:

> I've been asked to address a local church group about cohousing. Many of
> their congregants have sold their suburban homes and bought houses in a
> downtown neighborhood so they can form community with the folks in public
> housing.  In order to pass along resources to this community, I would like
> to get the names of any cohousing groups who have created "fill-in"
> cohousing by buying up adjacent properties and pulling down fences to
> create common areas.

Hi Susan,

This is what I call "retrofit cohousing" see

Retrofit cohousing:
http://freenet.msp.mn.us/housing/cohousing/retrofit
where there is information on 11 communities / proposals:
(Please send me additions / corrections to the the retrofit cohousing
pages.)

N Street Cohousing, Davis, California
On Going Concerns, Portland, Oregon
San Mateo Cooperative Community, San Francisco Bay area, California
Homewood Cohousing, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Riverdale Cohousing Group, Toronto, Canada
Community Now! Cohousing, Rochester, New York
Fair Oaks Cohousing, Madison, Wisconsin
Terra Firma Drummond Cohousing Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Cleveland Urban CoHousing, Cleveland, Ohio
Oasis Cohousing, Concord, California
Newton Retrofit Cohousing, Newton, Massachusetts

Fred

Cohousing-L  See http://www.cohousing.org and Nbhd-tc --  Twin
Cities Neighborhood issues list.  See http://freenet.msp.mn.us