Advice about financial incentives
From: Bafus (Bafusaol.com)
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 19:55:46 -0600
Dear cohousing friends:

I am a member of Seattle Cohousing.  As a part of our Finance Team, I've been
asked to survey other cohousing groups about financial incentives.

We are thinking of providing some kind of incentive to our members to
encourage the early contribution of money needed to start development of our
project, but we are at a loss as to how to do it.

So I'd like to know how other groups have handled incentives.  Did you use
them?  Did you not use them?  Did they work or not?  Would you recommend any
particular kind of incentive?  Should we just forget about it?

Also, we are curious about how other groups have handled cash contributions:
Did you expect everyone to contribute the same amount at the same time? Or did
you allow some members to lag behind?

If anyone could send me a note with advice about financial incentives and your
group's experience with them I would really appreciate it.

-- Larry Bafus