Choosing lots in an equitable and caring manner!
From: Dee Dishon (ddishonerols.com)
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 20:33:06 -0500
Cohousing Folks:
    Blueberry Hill Cohousing in northern VA (DC area) is running into some
difficulty with choosing lots. We have two basic home designs to go on 19
lots on a very hilly 8 acres. There is a list of who joined when, so all 19
families know in what order they will be choosing. Rather than just going
down the line and having each family pick first choice, second, etc., I have
this radical idea that we might all be able to get something we would like
and could live with if we have a different way of choosing sites. Perhaps a
list of what criteria each family would like in a lot and then figuring out
which lots could work for that family. Does this seem possible or would any
of you advise just going in chronological order as we had planned or what
other ideas you have. Your prompt reply to this request would be much
appreciated!!
    Concerned with making our first difficult choice in a caring, supportive
cohousing manner,
    Dee Dishon