Simplicity VS Sharing
From: Sharon Villines (sharonvillinesprodigy.net)
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 14:42:22 -0600 (MDT)
Re: Car sharing and Personal Ownership

I think most of us are trying to simplify our lives and want-need to avoid
anything that complicates it.

Ownership implies direct control which one can argue is more responsibility,
certainly in terms of cost,  but often sharing produces more.

If I share a car that I am dependent on with several other people, I have to
worry about not only my own responsibilities but everyone else's too. If
they screw up--use the car without scheduling it, forget to return on time,
skip maintenance, leave the gas tank empty--I'm screwed. I complicate my
life several fold.

The reality is that most of us can't handle that.
--

Sharon Villines
MacGuffin Guide to Detective Fiction