Re: Email for Cohousing
From: Bitner/Stevenson (lilbertearthlink.net)
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 08:28:03 -0600 (MDT)
> I'm one who loves e-mail.  I work the majority of
> late-afternoon/early-eening hours.  Now,  a few minutes after midnight, I
> can take my time, review messages at a time convenient to me.  I don't
> have to worry if someone called but didn't leave a message.  I don't have
> to worry about calling someone at a bad time.  I don't have to wonder
> how in heck someone is going to be able to reach me.
>  This way, with e-mail, I can write at my own convenience and
> recipients can respond at their convenience.
>  Sure, there may be flames or misunderstandings.  That happens in
> F2F discussions too.  And, I can assure you, I have seen real life
> situations where talking to someone F2F is more misleading and difficult
> than e-mail.
>  There are pros and cons to any medium.  Let's not throw out the
> baby with the bathwater.
>
>  Lee
>  Chesapeake Cohousing
>  Annapolis, MD

Please, in your responses, I need to know if you are actually living in
cohousing or in some stage of development. I am strictly speaking of email
when people already live in cohousing. I think we can all agree that email
beats a phone tree for communication anyday, if you don't have easy access
to the other people you need to talk to.

--
Liz Stevenson
Southside Park Cohousing