Re: community septic
From: Fred H. Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 06:38:12 -0700 (MST)
On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, Marya S. Tipton sundog [at] gburgtimes.com wrote:

> Hello, cohofolk,
>
> Has anyone had success in using community-wide composting toilets and gray
> water systems as a substitute for standard septic design?  If so, how did
> you sell the idea to the powers that be?

As I recall, the folks at On Going Concerns cohousing - a small retrofit
in an urban Portland, Oregon neighborhood has used gray water.  I think
they were featured in public television's first progam on "Affluenza" in
1997 and this was mentioned.  That's about al I know.

Fred

--
The WTO must change! , Turtles and Teamsters -- United At Last

Cohousing-L and Nbhd-tc (Twin Cities Neighborhood issues list)
More info:   http://www.mtn.org/~fholson/sig-details.htm