fences - immediate concern
From: Witten & Fitch (lllcrocker.com)
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 10:04:22 -0700 (MST)
Hi,  does any community out there (with communal land, not subdivided) have
any policies around fencing of back yards.  We have an immediate concern.
We have a design review committee meeting tomorrow morning (Sunday 9am), to
hear a request for a fenced dog yard.  I personally would like to support
it, but as chair of the committee I have already heard concerns about
precedent setting.  The immediate neighbors in this specific case have no
objections to the fence, but what will happen at the next request if the
immediate neighbors don't want it, but we have already set a precedent for
allowing them?!  Please help, immediately!

Also, would appreciate any guidelines for size, maintenance, dismantling
after dog dies, etc.  And of course fences for yard definition, privacy etc.
I always assumed we would have tasteful fences long before now.

Thanks,  Laura Fitch