private house design
From: sharon j emley (shardon5juno.com)
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 15:47:15 -0700 (MST)
Hi,  In a previous message I talked too vaguely about the difficulties
Sonora Cohousing had with designing our homes.  I would like to make it
clear that our initial design workshops with Katie McCamant and Chuck
Durrett were very successful from our point of view.  Unfortunately the
process and plans created there were turned over to a local architect for
the construction drawings. He  soon began to insert his own ideas into
the process, often in a deceptive or bullying way.
        Anyways, I believe strongly in the advantages of community involvement
in the design process IF YOU CAN FIND A COMPATIBLE TRUSTWORTHY ARCHITECT.
 But that is a very big  IF.