Re: Anxiety, Community Development and the Role of Design
From: Maggi Rohde (maggiintranet.org)
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 16:46:16 -0700 (MST)
Roger wrote:
> First, how many people actually move?  In the five years that Pioneer (32
> units) has been open, only five units have changed hands.
<snip>
> Second, IMHO, houses that have been customized have more character than
> cookie cutter houses.

Understood.  Both of those are good points.  I was just wondering if
people thought the kind of customization of personal units which goes on
is worth the cost, not whether or not it had value at all. Obviously it
does have value, both to the people who do it and (probably) the people
who occupy it later.

But is it *worth* it?  I think your answer was "yes," Roger, and thanks
for that.

-Maggi