Re: Anxiety, Community Development and the Role of Design
From: Maggi Rohde (maggiintranet.org)
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 09:14:28 -0700 (MST)
On Mon, 14 Feb 2000 Berrins [at] aol.com wrote:
> That's how we came to cohousing.  We started looking to buy a house,
> heard about cohousing, checked it out and stopped looking at other
> houses.  This house is probably the biggest financial purchase we will
> ever make.  We don't expect it to be perfect, but since we can make
> many choices about our house, why not?

But several people have mentioned that, once they were finished with the
development process, they actually moved into a different unit than the
one they had originally chosen.  Or, they moved to another unit some years
down the road.  What value do your customizations have then?  Are they
really worth the extra expense?

-Maggi