Re: Error Condition Re: a trip to New England
From: Fred H. Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 08:27:02 -0600 (MDT)
On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, Sanda Everette severette [at] smcoe.k12.ca.us wrote:

> I am subscribed as you know Fred.  We dealt with this before when I was
> subscribed under the bigfoot address.  How did we deal with it??
>
> cohousing-l [at] freedom2.mtn.org wrote:
> >
> > severette [at] smcoe.k12.ca.us: You are not subscribed to cohousing-l.
> > Your message is returned to you unprocessed. If you want to subscribe,
> > send mail to listproc [at] mtn.org with the following request:

For expediency I forwarded your message to the list.

Yes, I remember the problems.  The short answer is we gave up on getting
your bigfoot address to work and subscribed you at your "real address".

I think it should be possible to get the bigfoot address to "work" with
listproc. I sort of remember that there have been subscribers (not many)
at bigfoot that did not have this problem (Brian Lavendal at Fair Oaks in
Madison. But I have not so far found details.  Most of my pre 1999 email
archives are currently inaccessible due to a problem with my old computer
(which I hope to correct eventually.)

The basic problem is that listproc sees your messages as coming from your
"real address" (currently severette [at] smcoe.k12.ca.us) not from Bigfoot. The
way you have things set up you have a reply-to header to bigfoot but that
is not good enough for listproc.  I dont know if the problem is with your
email program's configuration or at bigfoot.

Apparently you're still using your old account, when will you be using the
account at your new job or whatever?  Do you always send messages from the
asme account using the same software etc?

I have a friend who understands the techy stuff much better and probably
this aspect in particular, maybe I'll consult him.

Thought of coming to Minnesota lately?  I think if you said you were
coming and gave us a bit of notice, we could use it as an excuse to
organize some kind of get together or something.  I did that when Marcy M
and Tom Whitmore from Puget Ridge Cohousing were in town (for a Sci Fi
conference).  Impressed myself and them too.  Have fun in New England.

Fred

Cohousing-L and Nbhd-tc (Twin Cities Neighborhood issues list)
More info:   http://www.mtn.org/~fholson/sig-detail.htm