LOOKING TO START1
From: MICHAER BERG (arcadia_founderyahoo.com)
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 15:45:20 -0600 (MDT)
I have been thinking of starting to build a community
in the central / southern vt. area, but i have only a
few interested parties, and many of them would have to
re-locate (i live in ny.).
    The pay rate is much better in vt.. and i think
that if i could get more members and maby some help
from the government we could do it.
     it has already been determined that our community
should be an easily defendable "compound" built with
survival in natural / man-made disaster situations in
mind. (up here we have to worry about ice storms and
blizzards, and we tend to be weary of possible riots,
and governmental failure.
    we believe that we should generate power on site
using wind turbines, or maby hydro electricity, more
expensive at first, but it would save us money over
time, and we would not be affected as hard by an ice
storm type scenario again.
    we would like to have a members only store that
would have at cheaper prices all those little
necessities that we all need, and those little perks
that most of us want. the profits from this store will
go to improvement of the community, and would
therefore be tax exempt.
   the layout of the community would be a large
pentagonal (5 sided) building that would house all of
the public resources (kitchen / cafeteria, store,
postal center, etc.)on the first floor, and on the
second / third floors would be the individual
apartments(2-3 bed rooms). in the center of this
building would be a large courtyard with trees and a
botanical / herb garden, and a small playground.
   perhaps we are being optimistic, but we believe
that it would be more affordable to build one large
building than 20 smaller ones.