May is Cohousing Month!
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 02:50:01 -0700 (MST)
Hi all!

May is Cohousing Month!

The mid-Atlantic Chapter of The Cohousing Network
has declared May as "Cohousing Month" for our region (Maryland, Virginia and
the
District of Columbia -- and anyone else who wants to join!)  There are seven
cohousing groups in our chapter:  Baltimore Cohousing (MD), Blueberry Hill
(VA), Chesapeake Cohousing (Annapolis,MD), EcoVillage of Loudoun Co.
Virginia, Liberty Village (MD), Proximity Cohousing (VA) and Takoma Village
(DC).  We already have a number of events scheduled with more being created.
There are three ribbon
cuttings scheduled for three communities, a Mother's Day Brunch, a bike ride
to raise money for MS supported by the mid-Atlantic chapter of TCN and
featuring our representatives named "Team Cohousing" ... and many more fun
things!

Below you'll see the calendar of events we have scheduled to date.  We'll be
adding events to this schedule in the next two weeks and will post it here
for you to see.

We invite you to join us in "May is Cohousing" month by creating an event in
your community to highlight cohousing.  It can be as simple as an
orientation/open house, a proclamation from your local government or as
sophisticated as a panel
discussion to educate local politcians and housing professionals about
cohousing.  It can be anything you want -- so long as you have fun doing it!

For developing groups, the PR and marketing potential for this is high.  For
built communities, the outreach to your larger community will be invaluable.

And, if you live in an area where there are multiple cohousing
communities...get to know your cohousing neighbors!  What an opportunity to
do some fun stuff together while
educating folks on the benefits of cohousing.

Yes, it's short notice (we just met on Sat.!) ...but...please join us in
making May a special month for cohousing!

Cohousing Events Happening in May in our Region

Tues. May 1 Takoma Village Ribbon cutting -- Washington DC

Sat. May 5 Blueberry Hill ribbon cutting for the community & groundbreaking
for CH -- Vienna, VA 10:00 A.M.

Sun. May 6 Takoma Village is the host place for  The Takoma Park House and
Garden Tour -- Washington DC

Sat. May 12 Liberty Village event -- open house/ribbon cutting -- Frederick,
MD

Sun. May 13 Proximity  Cohousing -- Mother's Day Brunch  -- Lovettsville VA

Sun May 13 Blueberry Hill "Home Grown Triathalon"  sponsored by Potomac
Vegetable Farms Vienna, VA.  Info:  www.blueberryhill.org

Sat. & Sun May 19 & 20 -- Team Cohousing rides in the MS Bike Ride (Manassas
to Fredericksburg VA); raising money for MS and awareness about cohousing
and having lots of fun!

Sat. May 19 Blueberry Hill orientation session 2:00 p.m.

Join us!

Ann Zabaldo

Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC. -- America's