slogan purpose?
From: Judy Baxter (BAXTERepi.umn.edu)
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 14:21:04 -0700 (MST)

I may have missed it, but I don't know the purpose - a fun t shirt to wear,
maybe? Some folks seem to want it to be a useful conversation starter.

Kevin Wolf suggested possibilities (March 10)

<In thinking about what slogan to put on a T-shirt (or anything else), we
should consider what goals we are trying to achieve.  Here are some goals,
some of which may eliminate some proposed slogans.

1.  Attract people to ask about cohousing.  (What kind of questions will
"cohousers do it in the common house" elicite?)
2.  Tell people what the wearer believes cohousing to be, and why they are
involved with it.
3.  Give the reader a message about what the wearer believes the world
should be like.
4.  Attract readers to join a cohousing group.
5.  Make the wearers feel good about themselves (e.g. by being proud of
what they are a part of, by being humorous and making people laugh, by

Who decides?  Patty?  That's fine with me.

Will the t-shirts be available from the Network: