RE: Music at Meals
From: Rowenahc (rowenahccs.com)
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 10:37:01 -0600 (MDT)
At CambridgeCohousing we keep music and meals separate.  Meals are an
opportunity to talk with community members you may not have seen for a
while, which you can't do if you are listening to music. And if you are
talking about "background" music, acoustics are difficult enough with such a
large group that adding more noise to the mixture is a definite no-no.  For
many people, especially those over 50, background music is a nuisance
anywhere because it makes it much harder to hear what people are saying.  We
are stuck with it in some restaurants but we don't hav to have it at home as
well!

Rowena
CambridgeCohousing