Re: How's your process comittee doing?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonvillinesprodigy.net)
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 07:37:01 -0600 (MDT)
> In Liberty Village, we had a turning point in our "action people vs.
> process people" tension a couple of years ago at a retreat with Laird
> Schab. In that discussion, we really got that we are all action and
> process people, and sometimes lean more one way and sometimes the other.
> I stopped seeing myself as a "process" person who wanted to talk about
> feelings and all those "action" people wanted to forge ahead with no
> consideration for feelings. We stopped being "we" vs. "they".

Another part of this is understanding that every human response is process
_and_ action. Both can be used to close people out or to include them. The
test is whether the current practice in the current situation moves
individuals forward (deeper or smoother)  or stops movement (divides or
irritates).

Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC
http://www.takomavillage.org