Twin Oaks Communities Conference
From: conference (conferencetwinoaks.org)
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 16:57:10 -0600 (MDT)
Dear Friends,

Greetings from Twin Oaks!  We are an intentional community of
100 people who live, work and play together.  Every year we host
our Communities Conference which gathers together people from
all sorts of communities.  We thought you might be interested in
attending our event.  If you have any questions feel free to email me
at CONFERENCE [at] TWINOAKS.ORG.   I look forward to meeting
many of you.

In community,
Mary-Margret

The following is a description of our event, with registration
information at the bottom. (regular text is below, fancy version is at
<http://www.twinoaks.org/cmty/cconf/>)

**Twin Oaks Communities Conference**

* A weekend of workshops, networking and fun*  Twin Oaks
Community, Virginia,  Aug 31 - Sept 2, 2001, Labor Day Weekend

Have you been looking for more community in your life?
Wondering what an intentional community is? Considering
intentional community as a home?

Here's a chance to find out about all this and more from people
who have been exploring the path of community for many years.
Whether you are a seasoned communitarian or a newcomer, you
will find helpful and exciting opportunities at the gathering!

Please join us on Labor Day weekend in the Virginia countryside,
at
34-year old Twin Oaks Community, one of the best known
intentional
communities in the country. We expect over 25 communities and
approximately 200 participants from all over North America.

***WORKSHOPS INCLUDE: Group Decision-Making Process,
Community Economics, Appropriate Technology/Sustainability,
Intentional Relationships and more!

***Schedule: FRIDAY AUG 31 Afternoon: Registration opens, tours
of Twin Oaks. Evening: Opening Activities and Introductions Circle.

SATURDAY SEPT 1 Morning Circle, Meet-the-Communities,
(community presentations and info tables),  Workshops. Evening:
Dessert
Party, Benefit Auction for the Fellowship for Intentional Community,
Talent Show and Dance (more tours of Twin Oaks during the day)

SUNDAY SEPT 2  Open Space: participants create your own
workshops, joining together around shared passions. Afternoon:
Closing Circle. Evening: Barbecue dinner and tour of Acorn
Community (nearby)

***INFORMATION:

If you live in community, please bring brochures and displays to
share
during Meet-the-Communities and in our info center.

Accommodations: On site, there will be camping only. Please
bring your own tent, groundcloth, rain tarp, sleeping pad and
sleeping bag. For those who prefer indoor accommodations,
there are 2 choices within a 20 minute drive: the Rebel Motel, 540-
967-1585, $40 - $60, and the Whistle Stop Bed & Breakfast, 540-
967-2911, $60 - $75. Space is limited.

Food:  will be provided cooperatively by us and by you. We will
provide basic food and breakfasts. Participants contribute by
bringing a main dish, snack and fruit (enough of each to share
with ten people). A freezer and oven are on site. Questions?---ask
us!

Cooperative childcare:  Parents please plan to sign up for one or
two
2-hour shifts.  We will provide a childcare space and coordinator.

Workshifts: We invite everyone to join in creating this community
event by doing a two-hour workshift.

Benefit Auction: As one of the conference events, we will be
holding a fast-paced, high-energy benefit auction for the
Fellowship for Intentional Community, publisher of the new
Communities Directory. Proceeds will help the FIC continue to
bring the exciting news of community to a world hungry for it. You
can
help in two ways: 1) bring items to donate to the auction-- products,
crafts, services that can be delivered locally, a weekend stay for
two
at your luxurious home... use your imagination! 2) bring your
wallet--there will be bargains galore, and every dollar spent will be
used to make community that much more accessible to those
seeking it.

***For information or registration: Communities Conference, 138
Twin Oaks Road, Louisa, VA 23093 <conference [at] twinoaks.org>
<http://www.twinoaks.org/cmty/cconf>  540-894-5126 ; fax:  540-
894-4112

** REGISTRATION FORM: Please fill in your information after the
colons:

Name:
Address:
City, State, Zip:
Day/ Eve Phone:
Fax / Email:
Community (if applicable):

I am unable to attend, but please keep me on your mailing list:

Fees: Registration fee:  $75 (Fee covers meals, camping, and
workshops.) How many adults?:

(To be accessible to people from varying economic backgrounds,
we offer a sliding scale from $50 - $150, asking those can pay
more to please consider doing so, to help provide accessibiity for
those who need to pay less)

 Send a check payable to Communities Conference. (138 Twin
Oaks Rd, Louisa, Va, 23093)

Ride Sharing:  (We will try to match riders until Aug 15.) Can you
offer a ride?:     Do you need a ride?:

Kids names and ages:

Once we receive your registration, we will send you directions and
confirmation.

We look forward to seeing you at the conference!

Mary-Margret

 Twin Oaks Communities Conference
 138 Twin Oaks Rd Louisa VA 23093
 540-894-5126 conference [at] twinoaks.org