Re: Working with developer or using dev. consultants/possible site
From: Margaret Weatherly (martiewearthlink.net)
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 14:53:02 -0600 (MDT)
Developing property yourself definitely takes longer than with a
developer, especially if the developer already has property that is
zoned and planned for development. The only reason we did it was because
we have three professionals in our group - an engineer, an architect and
a land use planner - who could guide the process through the county. We
started with nothing and went through the whole process of changing the
zoning, buying the land and developing it.

We are about one third built now and are progressing slowly with the
builder of our choice. The advantages to us have been the property we
wanted, the site developed as we wanted and everyone loves their home.

Martie Weatherly
Liberty Village
martiew [at] earthlink.net