Recovering Self Developer...
From: Don Westlight (donadmin.ogi.edu)
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 11:27:01 -0600 (MDT)
About self development --  (begin personal opinion)

        Don't do it.

        Just because other folks have done this and mostly lived to tell
        about it, doesn't make it a good idea.

        A developer is paid to handle the millions of details which
        will unexpectedly cost you money, time, and heartache.  Some
        view this as an expensive loss of control -- we did -- and paid
        the consequences, not the least of which was attrition due to
        the work involved.  We certainly didn't save any money.

Now that development is largely over, Cascadia Commons is a fabulous place
to live, but I would not self develop again under any circumstances.

(end opinion)

  -Don Westlight, President, Cascadia Commons Home Owners Association