Welcome to the "Cohousing-L" mailing list
From: lisa burson (75540.3022compuserve.com)
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 11:36:02 -0700 (MST)
Message text written by INTERNET:cohousing-l-request [at] cohousing.org
>http://www.communityforum.net/mailman/listinfo/cohousing-l<
This is my first try at this list...
I've been watching strings on resale of existing units, and how the sale
prices in cohousing tracks as compared to the local area.  Our experience
at Tierra Nueva has been that units are most often sold via word-of-mouth,
and don't even hit the open market before a deal is cut.  The first place
to go for a seller is our long and growing waiting list.  Also, it seems
units are usually sold by owner rather than involving real estate agents
and their high fees.  I wonder if our experience is similar to other
communities.  We've been in existence 3 years, with very little turnover
until recently.