Re: site size, and number of units
From: Jim Snyder-Grant (jimsgnewview.org)
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 17:21:01 -0700 (MST)
New View (Acton MA)  has 24 units on a 17 acre site. The building portion is
about 6-7 acres. Ten of the units are detached, most of the rest are
duplexes, plus one triplex.

We built as many houses as we could on our site under the clustered zoning
laws of the town, to bring per-house costs down, including the use of
various 'density bonus' permitting techniques involving both subsidizing and
hosting some affordable housing.  The clustered zoning law also required a
certain amount of land to remain unbuilt - we built out almost to that
maximum.

-Jim

Jim Snyder-Grant
jimsg [at] newview.org