Re: Large Unit Sales in Urban coho:Question
From: Mabel Liang (mabeltwomeeps.com)
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 23:24:01 -0700 (MST)
Diane,

Bob and I are buying a 3-bedroom plus study (apartment).  We could have had
any size unit we wanted.

Our sales have had sort of a checkered history.  At one point all our
townhouses were sold out.  Over time we lost many of those people and our
prices went up.  So we had empty townhouses.  We then sold all of our
apartments, and have people on the waiting list who want smaller units.

We have had people select one bedroom units to get into cohousing, while
they would have preferred a two-bedroom unit.  (Eventually as people
shuffled around, these folks did end up with the size unit they wanted.)
So our data is quite inconclusive.

For some of the people who joined or looked at our project, layout was as
important as anything.  Bob and I really liked being in the building with
the common house, as opposed to having to go outside between a townhouse
and the common housed.  We also wanted a first floor bedroom, thinking
ahead about accessibility issues.  This wasn't available in our townhouse
units.  (Their footprint is pretty small, and they're on 3 levels.)

                                                -- Mabel :-)

mabel [at] twomeeps.com
Mabel Liang
Cornerstone Village Cohousing