Re: Revisiting Decisions
From: Elizabeth Stevenson (tamgoddessattbi.com)
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 16:32:01 -0700 (MST)
In practice, I think the number of people required to revisit a decision is
very different, depending on whether the community is built or not. We had
the somewhat draconian number of 2/3 to revisit(I think) before we moved in.
It was absolutely necessary with turnover of members that they understand
that each new member would not be able to change all the previous decisions,
especially for a group that had the trials and tribulations that ours did.

That said, I don't think we've ever even had to fall back on that rule since
we moved in. When there is sentiment toward making any decision, it gets
brought up at a meeting.

So many of our decisions are time-limited anyway. At this stage, most of our
decisions are about things that need fairly regular revisiting, like the
budget. Most decisions seem to only last from a quarter to a year. Contrast
that with having to decide which architect to get or purchasing land, and
you have a very different process, requiring different rules.

--
Liz Stevenson
Southside Park Cohousing

tamgoddess [at] attbi.com