Re: Revisiting Decisions
From: Sharon Villines (
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 12:00:02 -0700 (MST)
> Our group made the following decison about changing decisions:
> 11/19/2000      Changing Decisions      75% of the equity membership would
> need to agree before re-visiting a consensed decision.

Interesting question -- where does consensus begin and end.

If a test of how well your consensus process if working is that decisions
stay made until there is new information or changed circumstances, was the
decision ever made by consensus if 25% of the group can be ignored if they
request to revisit the decision.

That sounds like 75% is good enough, leaving 25% unheaded.

I realize this is a serious issue. I'm not finding fault with the difficulty
of never moving forward, and needed a fall back position if a large majority
of the group is in agreement, but should this fall back position also be
called "consensus" or referred to in the same terms.

Defining 75% is vote counting with majority rule.

In Washington DC where all roads lead to Casablanca

Cohousing-L mailing list
Cohousing-L [at]  Unsubscribe  and other info:

Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.